2018 is here and I have lots of plans.

This year will hopefully be a very good year in so many different ways and when it comes to crafting I feel that my knitting will get better and I will expand my knowledge and the same goes for crocheting.  When it comes to embroidery and cross stitching I have more or less completely stopped. I do have things that I still want to cross stitch or finish off and I also want to full fill my promise to my late mother that I WILL master Hardanger stitching. She was so good at it and I have always wanted to learn to do it and she did start teaching me this back in the mid 80s.

Another thing I want to learn this year is to dye yarn with acid dyes and with mushrooms (fungus). I might get back to some more spinning. Then it’s time to bring out the sewing machine to get starting to learn how to use it. The first thing is to make project bags for all my knitting and crocheting and also some tote bags for the same thing

So 2018! here I come!

/Diana

Neck-warmer in 2 colour Brioche

I have for a long time wanted to learn Brioche and had no idea how to do it. When I finally started to look it up I found out it’s what we in Sweden call “Patent”, and that I have heard of. So I started a knit-a-long in my facebook group and then problems started. I don’t know how many times I was ripping it out and starting again because it just didn’t look right. I was following the pattern to the letter but it still didn’t look right. The other girls finished their brioche items and I was still trying to work it out. I Then started to watch films on YouTube and find out there are many ways to do this so that didn’t help much, but I started to see one thing that caught my eyes and that was that I should have the YO (yarn over/wrap) on the back of the fabric before I slip the next one purlwise. That’s what I did wrong and the pattern didn’t mention it! I hold the yarn in front of the fabric before I slip purlwise or just purl. I know that some people purl from the back, so they really should have mentioned this in the pattern. Once I worked this out everything worked just fine 🙂